Rustic Chicken Galette
Posted on August 02, 2021
Going to a dinner party and want to impress? This rustic vegan chicken galette is just as beautiful as it is tasty! It’s full of vegetables, hearty and so easy to make! Present it on a wooden board and you’ve got a picture-worthy dish everyone will love.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 4 sheets vegan puff pastry
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 1 cup cold plant-based stock (do not use hot/warm)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 300g mixed mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 small brown onion, finely sliced
- 250g multicoloured red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bundle asparagus, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Leave the puff pastry on the kitchen counter to defrost.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, chilled stock, 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp each of the thyme and oregano leaves. Use clean wet hands to form the mix into bite-sized pieces, then pan fry over medium heat in 3 Tbsp oil until golden all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute the sliced mushrooms and onions, remaining thyme, oregano and 1 Tbsp olive oil until onions are translucent. Add in the asparagus and tomatoes and cook for another 2 mins.
- Place the 4 puff pastry sheets on separate baking trays. Divide the vegetable mix between the 4 sheets, placing in the middle, then spread out leaving a 2-3 cm border. Add some chicken pieces on top, sprinkle with Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning (optional), then fold the edges over to create a pastry frame/border.
- Brush pastry with some olive oil and bake for 20-25 mins or until pastry is golden. Add some extra thyme and oregano leaves to garnish, slice up and enjoy!