Maple Bacon Porridge
Posted on August 02, 2021
Did somebody say heartwarming AND delicious? This vegan Maple Bacon Porridge recipe will warm you up on a chilly morning and send you straight to heaven! It’s got decadent caramelised bananas, crunchy toasted almonds and that perfect balance of sweet and savoury...what more could you want?
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp sliced/flaked almonds
- 1 banana, sliced
- Add the oats and plant-based milk to a medium saucepan, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the maple syrup and 2 tsp coconut oil and stir through. Allow to cook for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning, then divide porridge between 4 bowls.
- In a small fry pan, add the remaining 2 tsp coconut oil and add the banana pieces. Sprinkle with a little Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning and fry on both sides until caramelised. Place a few pieces on each bowl of porridge.
- Add the almonds to the same pan and stir through for 2 mins, or until lightly browned and toasted. Divide the toasted almonds between the bowls. Serve warm and enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning online and get shipping for all orders over £20.