Posted on May 31, 2021
These delicious Middle-Eastern inspired koftas are the perfect plant-based appetiser to wow your dinner guests. Packed full of spices and flavour, these vegan koftas can be served on their own with zesty vegan yogurt, or made into a main meal by adding sides - the choice is yours!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
For the beef:
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Beef
- 2 tsp ground coriander seed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ red onion, very finely diced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, plus zest
- 4-6 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together all the beef ingredients above.
- Use a heaped tablespoon of the mixture for each kofta and mould into short sausage-like shapes. You can skewer them to make them easier to pick up or keep them as is. Pan fry in 3 Tbsp oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
- In a bowl combine the coconut yoghurt, mint, lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and stir well.
- Serve koftas while hot with yoghurt dip and ta-da! You’ve got a fabulous middle-eastern inspired appetiser!
Pro tip: Make it into a main meal by adding tabbouleh and rice with lemon zest.Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Beef online and get free shipping for all orders over £20.