Posted on October 30, 2020
The ultimate comfort food, this vegan bacon carbonara recipe is a customer favourite. Without all the cream and butter, this is a satisfying and easy alternative to traditional carbonara. Paired with delicious savoury, salty bacony mushrooms, this dish has great texture and will satisfy your taste buds!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 500g spaghetti
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced (about 10 mushrooms sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 190C/380F and line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- Toss shiitake mushrooms in a bowl with Deliciou Bacon Seasoning and olive oil.
- Place mushrooms on the baking sheet spread out slightly. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Place all ingredients for the sauce in a food processor and pulse into a paste. Add more water if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Add sauce to a large saucepan and heat on medium-low heat.
- Whilst sauce is heating, cook spaghetti based on packet instructions.
- Once ready, add spaghetti and bacon mushrooms to sauce and stir through to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!